Simple Care+ FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions Simple Care+ Protection Plans
Is there an occurrence limit on claims for the Simple Care protection plans?
- Mechanical/electrical failure claims do not have an occurrence limit.
- The total cost of repairs and/or replacements on the contract are restricted to the limit of liability on the contract.
What is the total amount of coverage?
- The amount of coverage (also known as Limit of Liability) is equal to either the replacement cost or original purchase price, less tax and shipping.
- iPads are eligible for 2 replacements.
When does the Simple Care coverage begin?
- The Simple Care Protection Plan, powered by Safeware, begins upon expiration of the base manufacturer’s warranty.
- For applicable plans, Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) coverage begins on the date your device is purchased.
- For refurbished items, coverage starts the day the manufacturer’s warranty ends. (Ex., 90-day base manufacturer warranty, Simple Care coverage starts day 91).
Is there a deductible?
There are no deductibles for covered repairs on Simple Care Protection Plans.
When will I receive my plan documents?
- Your plan documents will be delivered to the email you provided within 48 hours. If an email address is unavailable, your plan documents will be emailed to Simply Mac.
- Please save your plan documents in a secure place in the event you need to place a claim in the future.
How can I request service under the plan?
- Customers can visit their nearest Simply Mac location to have a sales representative submit a claim on their behalf.
- Visit www.simplymac.com/claims 24/7 to complete the online claim form. Once submitted, you will receive instructions on next steps to allow for quick processing of the claim.
- Customers may also call 1.866.305.5639.
Do I need to provide proof of purchase when filing a claim?
Customers should keep their sales invoice or receipt for the purchased product. These are integral parts of the Simple Care agreement and you may be required to produce them in order to obtain service.
What happens if a device cannot be repaired?
If a device is damaged beyond repair, Simple Care and Safeware will determine whether to replace the device with one of like kind and quality or to reimburse the customer for the replacement cost of the device up to the original purchase price, less tax.
How will you replace my product if the manufacturer no longer makes it?
In the event that a product is out of production, we will replace the product with a like kind and quality unit.
Are batteries covered?
Batteries are covered (if ADH coverage was purchased) if the accidental damage failure causes the battery to fail. The plan does NOT cover a battery that has been depleted due to normal consumption.
Are AC Adapters covered?
Yes, if the adapter is physically damaged (if ADH coverage was purchased) or fails from normal use.
Does the plan cover data recovery or backup?
No. Simple Care is not responsible for data backup or recovery. However, a Simple Care plan combined with a backup hard drive provides an easy way to have peace of mind that your data is always safe.
Do Simple Care Protection Plans cover problems resulting from software or viruses?
No, software and virus related problems are not covered by the plan. In addition, Simple Care does not cover system software reinstallation.
Is the plan transferable?
Yes, this Plan may be transferred to any person in the United States. To transfer a plan, send a copy of the Service Agreement, along with the name, address, and phone number of the new owner, and the date of transfer to Safeware.
Is the plan renewable?
No, plans are not renewable.
Does this plan provide coverage for theft or lost items?
Simple Care+ for MacBooks, iPads, and Apple Watches provides 12 months of theft coverage. Simple Care+ for other device types and the standard Simple Care Protection Plans does not provide coverage against theft or lost property.
Can a Simple Care Protection Plan be cancelled?
- Yes, Simple Care plans may be cancelled. However, reimbursement will be prorated to account for any paid claims during the contract period and time used under the service contract.
- Call the Simple Care Solution Center at 1.866.305.5639, Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm EST. A representative will walk you through the cancellation process.
What is the term of the theft coverage provided by Safeware?
The term of the theft coverage, provided by Safeware, is 12-month term. The effective date of the policy will coincide with the date of device purchase.
When does the theft coverage provided by Safeware begin?
The effective date of the policy will coincide with the date of device purchase.
What is the limit of liability for the theft coverage provided by Safeware?
The limit of liability for each occurrence of theft coverage provided by Safeware is equal to the price of the covered device at the time of purchase, less tax and shipping.
How do I make sure I receive the theft coverage provided by Safeware?
- The 12-month theft program is available on every Simple Care+ plan for MacBooks, iPads, and Apple Watches. You will enroll with Safeware with the assistance of Simply Mac. As such, you need to provide all customer information including mailing address and email address to complete the enrollment process.
- Please note: If customer information is not collected, the theft policy will not be able to be enrolled and created.
Do I need to keep my receipt?
You are encouraged to keep your receipts as they may be required in the event of theft, robbery, or burglary.
What should I do in the event my device is stolen?
Customers can use the same process that was established for failure and damage claims:
- Customers can visit their nearest Simply Mac location to have a sales representative assist them in submitting a claim to Safeware.
- Visit www.simplymac.com/claims 24/7 to complete the online Safeware claim form. Once submitted, you will receive instructions on next steps to allow for quick processing of the claim.
- Customers may also call 1.866.305.5639.
Customers who experience a theft will need to file a police report that includes the serial number of the stolen unit. The report must be filed within five days of the theft. The claim must be submitted to Safeware within sixty days of the theft.
Please note: If a student experiences a theft on campus, a campus security report will satisfy this requirement.
Once the device is replaced, Simply Mac will assist the customer in reporting the new serial number to Safeware to update the policy with the new device.
Does the theft coverage cover lost devices?
No, devices that are lost or misplaced will not be eligible for replacement under this policy.